- What is the shortest running Broadway show?
- What are the 5 longest running shows on Broadway?
- What is the longest running West End musical?
- Is cats the longest running musical?
- What is the number one screen to stage?
- How much does it cost to see a Broadway show?
- What is the most expensive Broadway show?
- What is the world’s most popular musical?
- What is the best musical ever made?
- Why is Hamilton still so expensive?
- What is the best Broadway show of all time?
- What was the first musical ever?
- Who is the most famous Broadway actor?
- What was the longest running Broadway musical before cats?
- What is the most successful movie musical to date?
- What is the longest running musical?
- How long is a Broadway run?
- Why is Broadway so expensive?
What is the shortest running Broadway show?
List#TitleOpening date1.KellyFebruary 6, 19651.La StradaDecember 14, 19691.Little Johnny Jones (1982 revival)March 21, 19821.The Moony Shapiro SongbookMay 3, 198163 more rows.
What are the 5 longest running shows on Broadway?
The Longest-Running Broadway Shows of All-Time:The Phantom of the Opera. Total Shows: 13358 (and still running) … Chicago (Revival) Total Shows: 9682 (and still running) … The Lion King. Total Shows: 9291 (and still running) … Cats. Total Shows: 7485. … Wicked. Total Shows: 6825 (and still running) … Les Miserables. … A Chorus Line. … Oh!More items…•
What is the longest running West End musical?
The 20 longest-running West End musicalsLes Misérables. 1985 – present (over 13,964 performances) … The Phantom Of The Opera. 1986 – present (over 13,629 performances) … Blood Brothers. 1988 – 2012 (10,013 performances) … Cats. 1981 – 2002 (8,949 performances) … Disney’s The Lion King. 1999 – present (over 8,258 performances) … Starlight Express. … Chicago. … Wicked.More items…•
Is cats the longest running musical?
The London production ran for 21 years and 8,949 performances, while the Broadway production ran for 18 years and 7,485 performances, making Cats the longest-running musical in both theatre districts for a number of years. Cats has since been revived in the West End twice and on Broadway once.
What is the number one screen to stage?
1. West Side Story (1961) It isn’t just one of the best movie musicals of all time – it’s one of the best movies of all time.
How much does it cost to see a Broadway show?
Regular Price tickets generally range from $20 to $175. You can expect to pay higher prices for the best seats to hit shows on weekend nights. On the other hand, you can save money if you’re willing to sit in upper-level mezzanine seats or be flexible about performance dates and times.
What is the most expensive Broadway show?
Not only has it saved Alexander Hamilton from obscurity, it’s sold out until January 2017 and tickets are over $1,000, far and away the highest prices in Broadway history.
What is the world’s most popular musical?
Worldwide revenueRankMusicalDebut year1The Lion King19972The Phantom of the Opera19863Wicked20034Cats19816 more rows
What is the best musical ever made?
What’s the best musical of all time? Les Miserables. Wicked. The Phantom of the Opera. Sweeney Todd. Rent. A Chorus Line. Into the Woods. West Side Story.More items…•
Why is Hamilton still so expensive?
Based on this, Hamilton tickets are expensive because there are a lot of people who want to see it. As a result, the demand curve for Hamilton tickets is further to the right than the demand curve for something less in-demand, thus making for higher prices.
What is the best Broadway show of all time?
Top Ten Best Broadway Shows Ever MadeHamilton. The story of the man on the ten dollar bill has been Broadway’s number one smash hit since its release. … The Producers. … The Phantom of the Opera. … The Book of Mormon. … Les Miserables. … West Side Story. … Wicked. … Kinky Boots.More items…
What was the first musical ever?
The first original theatre piece in English that conforms to the modern conception of a musical, adding dance and original music that helped to tell the story, is generally considered The Black Crook, which premiered in New York on September 12, 1866.
Who is the most famous Broadway actor?
Broadway.com at 10: Top 10 Stage Superstars of the DecadeNathan Lane. … Patti LuPone. … Kristin Chenoweth. … Harvey Fierstein. … Hugh Jackman. … Liev Schreiber. … Laura Linney. … Angela Lansbury.More items…•
What was the longest running Broadway musical before cats?
List#TitlePerformances1.The Phantom of the Opera13,3702.Chicago (1996 revival)9,6923.The Lion King9,3024.Cats7,48551 more rows
What is the most successful movie musical to date?
Here are the highest-ranking movie musicals of all time.8 La La Land.7 Chicago.6 Mary Poppins Returns.5 The Greatest Showman.4 Grease.3 Aladdin (2019)2 The Lion King (2019)1 Beauty and the Beast (2017)More items…•
What is the longest running musical?
The FantasticksThe Fantasticks, 1960, m Harvey Schmidt, l Tom Jones (17,162) Longest-running musical in history.
How long is a Broadway run?
In the past 30 years, 82% of the new musicals on Broadway were adaptations. Only 18% were totally original. The average run of an adaptation in the last 30 years is 644 performances. The average run of an original musical is only 331 performances, about half of the adaptation average.
Why is Broadway so expensive?
1) Because People Are Buying Tickets. It’s pretty much as simple as that – ticket pricing is set at the maximum that people are willing to pay, and attendance figures for Broadway shows (both musicals and non-musicals) has only gone up over the years.